I love me some French toast in the morning, this time I thought I’d add a little more sweetness to it, and what better way is there to start your day.
This is the recipe for the Nutella-stuffed French toast.
- Toast (4 slices)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon (divided into 2 halves)
- 1 tsp powder/icing sugar
- 4-6 tbsp Nutella
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt (optional) if you like that sweet & sour taste
- On a shallow dish. Beat the egg, and mix with the vanilla, salt, 1/2 tsp cinnamon & milk.
- Put 1 tbsp of Nutella on each toast slice, then put each 2 slices together (Nutella sides facing each other) to make Nutella sandwiches.
- Pour the oil into a frying pan over medium heat. Then dip the first sandwich in the shallow dish for a few seconds on each side, and start cooking it in the heated oil, for 1-2 minutes each side.
- As the sandwich cooks, make a topping dish with the remaining cinnamon (1/2 tsp) and powdered sugar.
- After cooking each sandwich, dip it into the topping dish (above), cut in half and serve immediately.