This is another time a meal starts with bread for me! I bought this amazing brioche bread from Sunny Market and it all went from there.
Spread some butter with dry thyme, and stuffed it with a pepper jack & sausage omelette.
Another great thing about this recipe is that all you need is one pan, so no need to worry about washing up later.
First off, i had these sausages (also from Sunny Market), peeled them out of their sausage links and started cooking them with a little olive oil on high heat.
Keep stirring & breaking the sausages into little crumbles and flip the pan from time to time to evenly cook the sausages. Once it’s cooked through, divide into two (set aside one half in a separate bowl to either use later or with a second omelette as I was making two).
Crack three eggs in a bowl & beat using a fork (as you would to scramble them), and pour over the sausages (optional: add a tsp of olive oil).
Make sure eggs coat the pan evenly, and the sausages are spread across the pan and not just stuck to either sides, then lower the heat & cover the pan.
Once omelette starts forming and the eggs’ side start cooking, add the cheese slices & cover pan again. For this recipe I’m using pepper jack, you could use cheddar, mozzarella or whichever cheese you want really. Make sure the cheese is centered over the omelette because if it’s too close to the edges it can start burning.
Cheese should start melting and you can either flip half the omelette to create a crescent shape OR just have it completely cook as is (covered).
Slice open the bread, spread some butter & dry thyme (ideally I would’ve toasted the buttered bread).
Add your omelette (crescent shape as is) or if you went with the regular flat one, just turn it over to a crescent shape & SERVE!
Ingredients: (Recipe for 2 large omelettes)
- 1/2 kilo sausages
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pieces pepper jack cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Peel or scoop sausage ground beef in order to crumble it if store bought.
- Heat a non-stick pan & add 1/2 tbsp of olive oil & start cooking the sausages.
- Keep stirring & crumbling the sausage as you go so it doesn’t form any patty-like clutters.
- Once there are no more uncooked/red parts in the sausages, take off heat
- Take half the sausage portion off the pan and set aside, leaving the amount of sausages you want per omelette left in the pan
- Crack 3 eggs in a bowl & beat them well.
- Pour the eggs to the sausages in the pan and lower the heat to medium, spread out the eggs to evenly cover the pan.
- Top with cheese and cover the pan to let eggs cook through.
- Once cooked (no more runny parts) take off heat, repeat for 2nd omelette & serve.
Note: You can either fold the omelette at this stage OR flip it when it’s halfway through cooking to a crescent shape while still in the pan and flip it till it cooks through (depends on your omelette flipping skills haha).