Got some leftover smoked salmon in your freezer, and looking for something new (and delicious) to try? I got you covered.
I’m a big fan of salmon, whether its fresh, smoked, grilled with teriyaki or pan seared. I usually have my smoked salmon with eggs, or on a bagel with some cream cheese.
I found this recipe quite interesting, and have to say the results were very very pleasant 🙂
This is the recipe for home baked smoked salmon muffins, super easy to make, and great to share with your family/friends.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup of grated cheese (I did a mix of cheddar and parmesan)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tbsp of melted butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 200 gm smoked salmon chopped
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp thyme
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of salt (optional, for taste)
- 1/2 an onion (optional, for taste)
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Grease your muffin tray
- Pour the flour in a mixing bowl, and push it to the side to make a hole in the center
- Add egg, butter and milk and stir until smooth
- If you are using the onion option, chop and stir-fry on medium heat for 2 minutes
- Add remaining ingredients and fold in the flour to combine well
- Start pouring mixture into greased muffin tray (filling 3/4 of each cup)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, let cool for a 1-2 minutes
- Serve while hot.