I recently got these AMAZING mangoes from Shahin’s Farm. They were so good I just had to get a little creative with the way I’ll eat them.
I usually cut the peels into cubes or slice them into strips, this time I thought I’d a bit more.
Now these recipes are SUPER easy, and don’t require that many ingredients, so you could all make & enjoy at home.
Here’s what I made: mango ice cream, mango jam & a mango yogurt smoothie bowl with granola & nuts!
Mango ice cream:
- 2 cups of mango pulp
- 2 cups of heavy cream/cooking cream
- 400gm condensed milk (average size of tin)
- Whisk the cream in a bowl until no lumps are there.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the mangoes with the condensed milk until they’re well combined.
- Combine all mixtures and stir until they’re well combined.
- Pour in a container, top with foil and then the lid.
- Store in the freezer for 8 hours.
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups mango pulps
- 1/2 cup cane sugar (I used regular granulated white sugar)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Add the water, sugar & lemon juice in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Bring heat down to medium, and add the mango pulps while mashing them with a potato masher/fork.
- Cook for about 5-8 minutes till texture thickens.
- Set aside to cool, then transfer to a glass jar.
- Store in the fridge to further thicken and cool down.
- Serve after 1-2 hours.
Mango smoothie bowl:
- 2 cups mango pulps/chunks.
- 1/2 tbsp honey.
- 1 tsp lemon juice.
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon.
- 1 cup plain yogurt (I used Greek yogurt from Lactel)
- Pour all ingredients in a blender/food processor and blend till well combined.
- Serve immediately, or store in the fridge for later (preferably on the same or next day).